Only 2 weeks left
I'm in North Carolina at the moment for Campus Harvest, a student conference. I'm in the worship team for the conference and we've been rehearsing all day. I'm loving working with the team.. everyone is v talented and there are some characters in the group. Two of the girls are teaching me African American phrases to use with Kevin and you should see him laugh when I use them, it's very funny. The trick with singing at a conference like this is not to wear your voice out, which is easier said than done. My voice wasn't working too well at the beginning of the week - I had a cough and it felt like maybe I was getting a cold/flu. But thankfully it's much better now. My friend's mum gives people natural/homeopathic remedies and she gave me stuff for my symptoms, which helped alot.I'm going back to New York on Sunday afternoon, going to church in the evening and then am supposed to be singing at this 'British festival' thing at a club in New York. I still need to learn the song.. Son of a Preacher Man.. and won't have an opportunity to rehearse with the band so it should be interesting. I hope I'm not too tired after Campus Harvest!
So I've only got two weeks left in the States... I think the time will pass much too quickly for my liking. I've said my first few goodbyes to people who won't be around before I go.. it seems really unfitting to be saying goodbye to them. Actually leaving New York feels quite traumatic at the moment.. I think I prepared myself so well to leave London that when it happened it was fine. I haven't been through the same preparation process for leaving New York because I don't know what's coming next, so it's been more difficult. But God is good and I feel very blessed to feel so comfortable in London and New York, two of the greatest cities in the world.

2 Comments:
Is this where we start the debate as to whether 'Son of a Preacher Man' really constitutes 'British' ;-)
Yeah I was thinking that too Dan... :-) As it is I didn't actually go and sing it. My voice was over it after a weekend at Campus Harvest.
Post a Comment
<< Home