Friday, January 20, 2006

Shock Horror...

...I can't believe I haven't written for so long or even wished anyone a happy new year. So Happy New Year!!! (BTW is you are wondering what I did for new year, I refused to spend at least 6 hours standing in the cold to watch the ball drop in Times Square so instead Sina, her friend and I hung out at my place and watched the fireworks in Central Park going off from the roof/balcony of our apartment.)

...Also my camera to computer cable is still lost after about 5 weeks so I'm thinking I might need to invest in a new one so I can update you visually on my life. For now "it's only words and words are all I have..." (ok I'm not looking to take your heart away)

So far life in 2006 has been good.
- Alex was here for a couple of days and he played for me at open mic one night, which was v cool... thank you Alex.
- Kevin and I watched an open rehearsal at NY Philharmonic, which was an enjoyable and good learning experience for me.
- Had my haircut at this cool hair salon last week. It's still long but with more layering and it looks good.

This week a few of us have started doing worship early in the mornings, from 7-8am. This involves me getting up at 5:30 so I'm glad it's not from 6-7 like originally planned as 4:30 might have been a stretch!! Also this week we were praying and fasting as a church so it's been an 'uplifting' week. Since I was fasting I haven't worked out all week but now the fast is over I'd better get back in the gym quick.. I bought some new jeans yesterday - a size smaller than what I've previously bought - and the exercise will be needed to keep me in them!

Faye and I worked out this week that it's 11 weeks til I'm back in England. I'm not really ready to start counting down yet, I don't want to count away the time I have in New York but of course I'll be looking forward to seeing y'all.


Jenni and John are here at the moment and it's brilliant to have them here. I almost cried as they walked up the 4 flights of stairs to my apartment in my anticipation of seeing them! It's been great to spend time catching up, seeing some of the sights and enjoying the mild weather that we had today. Unfortunately John seems to have let his standards slide a little during his time in Nashville and has lowered himself to using some (grammatically incorrect) phrases so I've been encouraging him to repent and return to his Great British roots! They also told me that the new Pride and Prejudice film in the UK has a different ending to the US version, which I love even though it's super cheesy. So I'm glad I got to see the US version (twice).

My pastors from London, Wolfi and Ali, arrived in New York today for the weekend so I'll see them soon too... Wolfi is preaching at both services on Sunday.

Next week Mum and Dad arrive. Dad wants to take a helicopter tour ride round New York.. should be fun, I'm definitely in on that! We'll see what else happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home