New York from the air
It's only 4 weeks til I leave New York so now I'm trying to update my blog with some of the moments I've experienced while I've been here. One of them was going on a helicopter tour of the city when my parents were here. My Mum just sent me some of the pictures and now you too can see some of the beauty of this city.First of all... proof that I went in the helicopter!

This is a picture looking down Manhattan. It was a really good day to take the tour, the sun was shining and so we got nice views.
And while we're at it, here's a picture of 3 of the 4 dogs my parents have at home. They're a much loved part of our family and I'm looking forward to seeing them when I go home. The dog on the right is the mother of the other two... as you can see they're strong and healthy... and the younger two would probably have run away if my Mum didn't have hold of them.So how am I feeling about the upcoming transition? Well, today I was thinking about London because Kevin was passing through on his way to South Africa and I was remembering how much I love South Kensington and other areas of London that are so familiar to me. I'm also looking forward to earning some money in the near future... It feels like a LONG time since I got a pay cheque and there's something satisfying about handling your own money. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, seeing how things/people have changed or stayed the same and I'm looking forward to you seeing how I've changed. (I'm proud to report that today I am wearing jeans that belonged to one of my friends who is a model) I'm looking forward to sleeping under a duvet because I don't have one here and I miss that fluffy comfortable feeling you get from that. I'm looking forward to visiting my sister in Rome and hopefully seeing my brother before he leaves for Iraq. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with me post-internship, in terms of continuing to develop as a leader and in music. So there's a lot to look forward to.
On the other hand, I am not prepared to leave New York... Packing will be a fairly interesting issue since I've acquired so many clothes while I've been here... (people giving me clothes and me buying things) Leaving the many friends I've made is something I almost don't want to consider at the moment. Having settled here so quickly, naturally and well it seems unnatural for it now to be thrown up in the air. Then there are things that have become part of my life while I've been here - particularly going to the gym several times a week and meeting with a group of people for an hour of worship every week day morning. At the end of this week we'll have been doing it for 8 weeks so it's fairly established in my routine now. So it'll be interesting to see how these elements of my life here translate into London life.

1 Comments:
hmmm... not sure how you can prefer myspace commenting to the blogger ones - apart from you having lots more 'friends' on there!! ;-)
And yes, I've tracked down a couple of other 'friends' who are on there as well, so I don't look so much like a stalker...
I've got lots of 'unexpected technical errors' appearing when I try and do anything non-trivial on there... bloomin' Rupert Murdoch...
Soooo anyway, what I wanted to ask again was what the name of that tea-shop you mentioned was?!
Post a Comment
<< Home