Our birthday
Today is my birthday. I've reached an amazing 25 years of age, that's half way to 50 and a quarter of a century and there's no denying now that I'm in my mid-20's! But the amazing thing about today is that I'm sharing my birthday with two special people in my life. First of all there's my sister. Now she was actually born on 29th February but since that's the leap year day and it only comes around once every 4 years, so most of the time we get to share our birthdays.

So here's a picture of my sister, taken at our friend's wedding. Actually it makes my feel a bit sad because that was the day before the last day I saw her, way back in July 2005. There must be something wrong in not seeing your sister for almost 8 months now.

And I haven't seen my brother in all this time too, but I did speak to him on the phone the other day and that was one of the best things in the world. I'm hoping to see him when I get back to England because in May he's going to Iraq for 6 months with the Territorial Army - yikes! This picture was taken when we went on holiday with our parents and my mum's parents to Lake Como Italy in June 2005. Sol, Kerry (his girlfriend) and I hired a speedboat for the afternoon on the lake and had a bit of fun moving around the water at pace. We took the speedboat to the waterfront of the hotel and Mum and Dad took a short ride with us. Then we ventured back out into the lake and stopped to have a quick swim. I was surprised at how much current there was in that lake. The afternoon took a little twist when 10 minutes before we were due back at the hire place the fuel tank we'd been using ran out and the engine did not automatically change over to the second tank. It was annoying that when Mum and Dad got off the boat I'd given them my bag with my phone in it because we had no way of contacting anyone to let them know we were stranded. Anyway my brother saved the day and isn't that what brothers are for....

The other person I share a birthday with is Sina, one of my dearest friends in New York. I think we will always remember the day when we realised our birthday was the same day, it was so precious. We got to do our showcases on the same night a couple of weeks ago, are sharing our birthdays today and our birthday party on Friday. Also in celebration of our friendship we had our portraits drawn in charcoal at about 11pm on Saturday night in Times Square. Can I just say that it was freezing out there?!! I'm not convinced that the drawing of me looks like me, I think I look more like one of the actresses in Desperate Housewives, but it's still a nice thing that Sina and I will share.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home