Sunday, February 19, 2006

Superstar

...The showcase went well. (blog over for the guys who only wanted the headline. girls, read on)

We ended up having about 65 people at our showcase, so the place was pretty full. I sang, in this order:
- Carry on the wings (my song)
- His eye is on the sparrow (classic gospel song)
- Afterwhile (Kirk Franklin/Yolanda Adams)
- My heart will go on (Celine Dion)
- Healing in His tears (Smokie Norful)
- Emmanuel (my song)
At the end of Sina's set I came back on stage and we sang When You Believe together.

No major bloopers, although I did have to restart My Heart Will Go On because everyone in the room, including me, was laughing so hard that there was no way I could continue. Allow me to explain - my friend had given me the red rose that was a table decoration before my set began. I told them all before I started the song that I was going to dedicate the song to him but didn't want him to get the wrong idea so infact wasn't dedicating the song to him after all. When I sang the first line "every night in my dreams I see you I feel you..." everyone lost it. I had to ask everyone when I started again to please not laugh otherwise I wouldn't be able to sing the rest of the song. It was a classic moment that I am still laughing about a day later.

The guy who owns the restaurant where the show was is from Richmond, West London. He's got a classic British humour which is so refreshing to hear every once in a while. He invited me to his birthday party in a couple of weeks and to sing at some British party at the end of March.

Today Kevin asked me if I wanted to sing one of my songs during the offering at church so I sang Emmanuel. It was really cool...

Well that's all folks. Goodbye!

2 Comments:

At 12:31 pm, Blogger Jacki said...

The 'friend' was Rick Seibold. Did you meet him? Oh yeah you did, he was playing guitar for me when I led worship the morning you were here. You should hear some of his songs, they are so cool. Check them out on his My Space... http://www.myspace.com/rickseibold

"Mary, very confused, got a lot of issues you need to go through..."

Yeah Emmanuel was cool. This morning at worship Kevin had us sing Carry on the Wings as well.

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger Jacki said...

No I didn't.. thanks for telling me. I won't be able to go though.. We're going to a YWAM outreach that night in Long Island. My evenings are by and large spoken for during this internship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home