Missing entry on snow

My Grandparents reminded me that I haven't written anything about our recent blizzard in New York. I think it's cool that they read my blog and now you're about to get a quick introduction... This picture is of us on our holiday to Lake Como in Italy last June. Why do I keep writing about Italy? Probably because we had a lovely time, it's warm there, my sister is in Rome and I'm going to visit her after I get back to England.
Nanny and Grandad are my Mum's parents. They live in East Sussex, which is south of London. They both like gardening, classical music, opera, visiting France and other European countries. Before they retired they were pharmacists.So back to the snow... well as you may have heard there was a lot. I think we had 22 inches in one day! That was my biggest snow day so far. Some of the cars on the street were so covered you almost didn't know there was a car there. Everything looked really beautiful. We were a bit concerned about the snow on our roof so we went out and cleared some of it off. Evidently the landlord was concerned too because he sent someone to assess if there was any structural damage. It was interesting to see how the city responded to the snow. Lots of people were out clearing a section of path infront of their buildings. The snow ploughs came and cleared the streets, people made BIG snowmen and sculpted other things with the snow, others went cross country skiing in Central Park. There was a lot of snow just piled up everywhere on the paths and sides of the streets. It was warmer for the next couple of days and the snow probably melted by a foot in one day. I think the garbage trucks couldn't get round the city though because as the snow piles melted they were replaced by bigger piles of trash... nice!
So how did it affect me? Well church was cancelled on the Sunday morning. On Monday I got my first experience of being on a slope. But I've already written about that in a previous blog....

2 Comments:
Well if you were EVER on Skype then I would call you... Seriously though, I was thinking today that I wanted to talk to you. The thing is that I want to talk in the evening, which is like, the middle of the night for you. But that's a feeble excuse. Maybe 2mo or Weds? Lookin' forward to it. Love you xxxx
That's not true, I talked to Tosin and Annette on there yesterday!!! 9pm your time.. 4pm my time. That should work. I'll text you.
Post a Comment
<< Home