Friday, February 17, 2006

Showcase 2mo - v excited!

Just incase anyone IS keeping up with my blog and eager to hear what's going on in my life.... tomorrow is my 'big day'... my New York City showcase! I was invited to do the showcase after doing an open mic back in December, that seems like a long time ago now but anyway... I'm singing 6 songs, 2 of which I wrote, which makes it even more exciting and Kevin (who I'm interning with) is accompanying me on keys and with background vocals.

I've really enjoyed the preparation - choosing the songs, practising them, buying clothes and earrings and tonight taking some time to do some last minute practise and to get relaxed. What's also cool is that my dear friend Sina is also doing her showcase tomorrow, so our debut's are on the same night and to mark the special occasion we're throwing in a duet for good measure. We've sold almost 60 tickets so the place will be full of loving supporters - no rotten tomatoes tomorrow then!

So for all you avid blog readers all that remains to be said is that I'll let you know how it went at some point in the near future. In the meantime, my birthday fast approaches on 28th February. This year I get to share it with Sina, who is 3 years younger than me (and hence only one day older than my sister who celebrates on or around 29th February). 28th February this year is also pancake day. Americans don't have pancake day and American pancakes are not like British pancakes anyway so I'll be introducing this custom to some of my friends here and perhaps seeing if the English tea shop 'Tea and Sympathy' will have sympathy on me and let me enjoy a good cuppa and pancakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home