Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Tea and Sympathy

On Friday I went to Tea and Sympathy again. It is officially one of my favourite places in New York. Although they were out of scones we still had afternoon tea with CRUMPETS!!! You thing you have to realise is that crumpets are not a part of the American diet, at least not as far as I've discovered. And they were really good crumpets too.

Next week I'm going to North Carolina where I'm singing the worship team for a campus student conference called Campus Harvest. So I'll be out of the city and able to see green without walking a block to Central Park. For some annoying reason my mobile phone doesn't work in NC but there was life before that became an everyday item so I'm expecting to survive. Just.

After I get back I guess I'll be in 'leaving mode'; saying goodbye to friends and packing etc. It feels very strange to be leaving and I started feeling it yesterday. Well I guess before then I hadn't cried recently so maybe I was due to shed a few tears but the tears were also unexpected because I was well prepared to come to New York and hence it was relatively painless.

This week I found a place I can stay in London for a couple of months. I'll be living with 2 of my friends, Traci and Dina, so that will be cool. I'll also be looking for temping work when I get back into the city so I can get some Great British Pounds in my bank account. I'm really looking forward to earning money right now.. when I get into it I'll probably be less keen, but for now it seems like a good thing to want to earn money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home