Friday, December 09, 2005

Baby it's SNOWING outside

...Well it was until I woke up this morning. It looks so beautiful. These pictures were taken from our apartment.

New York in general looks stunning with all the Christmas decorations and lights. It's definitely a great time of year to be here, provided you've got a warm clothes to wrap up in. It was -3C the other day and I'm told it WILL get colder in January/February.

I have now been here 3 months, which means I'm about half way through my time here. That seems a bit sad because I still feel like I've got a lot to learn before my internship finishes and it means that I'll have to say goodbye to all the people I've made friends with here. On the other hand, knowing it's going to be this long all over again before I'm home seems like forever.

I got this software this week called Skype and with that you can speak to anyone else who has it (and a microphone) over the internet. It's just like speaking to them on a phone except that it's free, which obviously becomes a lot more attractive when international calls can be so expensive. So I've had a great time talking with Faye & Wes, Jen, James and Jon Tweed this week and am hoping that some of you will follow suit so that we can keep in better contact. Go to www.skype.com and download the software.

Last week was a little crazy for me. On Monday I had my tooth extracted (see previous blogs for more detail on that). On Tuesday Deborah, Nadine and I moved out of our flat to a new one 2 blocks up even though I didn't know if I'd be staying there because of complications with the new flat and having heard that Lindsey's parents said I could move back in with them til the end of my internship. On Thursday evening (a different) Lindsay came and saw the new apartment and decided she wanted to move in there ASAP so by 11pm I had confirmed I was moving into Lindsey Muscroft's place and by 8am the next morning I'd moved half of my stuff! So here I am back where I started and a bit relieved that I don't have to move again as far as I'm aware.

Also last week I went to New Haven Conneticut briefly with Pastor Kevin to drop off a car he'd been using during the week. New Haven is where Yale university is, which looks a bit like Oxford except that the buildings are a few hundred years older. This picture is of one of the secret society buildings.... it has no windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home