Monday, November 28, 2005

Give Thanks

Well, I've experienced my first Thanksgiving. I'm sure New York was a great location to experience it in. I watched the Macy's Parade in Times Square along with thousands of others. So here are the pictures from the occasion:

...the biggest Mr Potato Head you've ever seen, just floating past!





... bigger than any snowman you've ever built












... Garfield, from the rear.. wasn't quick enough taking this one before he wandered on past me.









... an amusing leaning inflated man. Do you ever feel hovered over?!












... the troublesome M&M's balloon that had an encounter with a lamp post, causing two people to go to hospital. I don't think their injuries are too severe and this accident isn't as bad as some previous ones but oh dear...

So after the parade I hung out with a group of my friends from church and we ate our thanksgiving meal.. turkey and lots of trimmings. Good company and good food, I was very content.

To those wondering about my tooth - it is no more. The dentist investigated it this afternoon and said the tooth was cracked! That was after he'd given me 2 doses of anaesthetic to numb the tooth.. Before he pulled the tooth out he gave me at least 1 more dose of anaesthetic in the corner of my mouth and then finally even injected it to the gum right underneath the tooth because I could still feel pain when he was working on the tooth! After that the chisel and pliers got to work and out came my poorly poorly tooth. So I was pretty numb this afternoon and unable to talk for a couple of hours afterwards... The anaesthetic is wearing off now and I'm regaining feeling to the right side of my face... But I'm left with a whopping great big wound inside my mouth and a decision about what to do with the sizeable gap in my teeth in the next couple of months. Cunning of dentists to make extraction cheap when dental implants are so expensive. For now I'm just glad that tooth can't cause me any more pain and that the antibiotics will take away the remaining infection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home