Friday, October 21, 2005

HERO

Life is a little bit happier today because I finally got my copy of the new Kirk Franklin CD, Hero. (Everybody says HE-RO in unison in a John type style) The CD has, frustratingly for me, been sitting in the post office local to the church building but I've been unable to get hold of it because I didn't have the peach piece of paper they insisted on me giving them. Well today I got that piece of paper and altho' it told me the CD was being returned to sender on 18th October, i.e. 3 days ago, the CD was infact still sitting in the United - 'God_Bless_America' - States Postal Service center. [emphasis on American spelling]

So the CD itself, well I'm still getting into it. But as usual there's lots of great stuff on there that's so inspiring to me and not so inspiring for Wes!

Feeling a bit out of touch with what's happening back in the GREATEST city in the world (that's London to anyone who needs reminding...). So please let me know if anyone other than me is reading my blog and write to me and tell me about life the other side of the Atlantic. Thanks!

We're having a BIG costume party at our house next weekend. New Yorkers go all out for costume parties, especially at Halloween and since the party's at my house I can't get away with not making an effort! Then a couple of days after the party I'm moving house. I feel quite settled where I am so I'm trusting God that the move will be a good one. I'll be living in a different area of Manhattan so my commute will be different.. probably start using the buses more because I'll be travelling cross town.

Oh, final thing for now... Check out Morning Star New York's new website www.msny.org It's just been relaunched and it looks oh-so-cool. Apart from all the great information on there you can see some cool pictures of New York and it'll give you a bit of the flavour of the church.

Jacki

2 Comments:

At 9:12 am, Blogger RichB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger RichB said...

I'm reading it... ;-)

Errr... happening in London, this weekend was pretty busy we had some guys down from Edinburgh staying with us - so Phil gave them the guided tour of the sights!

And then I spent the rest of the time discussing how much kit we need to buy in order to have a stonking sound system at ENCL!!

As for the MSNY website, I hope they're going to do a version that you don't need Flash 8 for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home