Monday, October 17, 2005

Sound rain

Finally it stopped raining! We had heavy rain all week and then two nice clear days on Saturday and Sunday. It was amazing to see how much rain we had during that time. Some people have been saying the rain is the aftermath of the hurricane. anyway thankfully it's now gone. The ironic thing is that the US has been having hurricanes, flooding etc and people being made homeless while the Amazon region is in a state of emergency because the water levels are so low. so I started to pray that God would send the rain we're getting down to them where they need it.

I seem to be rapidly becoming an important member of the sound team at Morning Star New York... I'm now running the sound board two times a month in the morning service (easy little desk) and was trained last night to run the sound board for the evening service (24 channel desk with 10 aux, 8 groups and lots of eq possibilities) because all the people who usually run the sound board in the evening service will be away next week. So anyone who feels like praying for me can pray that goes well. When I'm not pushing buttons I'm coiling or uncoiling mic cables before or after the service.

Well it seems that I'm meeting quite a few people and I'm becoming much more known within the church here, which is nice. Mary Clare, one of the other interns, has picked up on this and tends to comment on it quite a lot. Someone even came up to her yesterday and asked if she was Jacki! I guess because I've been involved in a lot of stuff already and am hanging out with Lindsey and Layne who are both very well known I'm just meeting a lot of people. The interns are helping to organise a Fall Harvest Festival at the moment, a childrens party that's taking place on Halloween so I get to meet even more people through that.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 pm, Blogger RichB said...

So, whenever we're short of a flyer - do you reckon we should get Jen to take over? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home