Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Costumes costumes everywhere

Oh my gosh! You should have seen the number of people in costumes this weekend in New York and the number of shops that opened late to give candy (traslation: sweets) to hoards of children.

On Friday we had our very own costume party. We had about 50 people at our party throughout the course of the evening and it was fun. So now you finally get to 'meet' some more of my friends...

First up is Sina, who's dressed as a latino gangster in the pic. She and I get on well, she's in the Bible study I'm just starting and how cool is this?... We have the same birthday!!!



Next is Robby, as Charlie from Charlie's Angels, and Taryn, as a punk rocker and check out the pink fishnets!! They are both dancers with New York City Ballet and Robby became a christian since I arrived. New York City Ballet is one of the top ballet companies and it's exciting to see what God is doing there with a strong bible study now established and more and more people becoming christians.




Next up is Marina, who is dressed as Conan O'Brien, a guy who has a TV show out here. When she's not wearing a wig and man's clothing she's a model and a dancer. Marina's from Hawaii.









So did you want to see a picture of me dressed as a cowgirl? Thought so. And Mum, who would (want to) be a goat girl, come on!! It actually wasn't as awful as I'd been dreading especially since everyone else loves being dressed up. With me in the picture is Pirate Rachael. Rachael and I are on the sound team together, she tells me what to do (technical director) and I make everything loud (sound board engineer)!!!

And now for the funniest costume of the evening... David Tang as none other than Kevin Singleton, complete with facecloth to wipe the sweat off from worshipping so intensely...

We used the party as an opportunity to raise awareness and a bit of cash for Tiny Stars, which is a charity set-up to help resuce child sex slaves and prevent this exploitation. Go to www.tinystars.org if you want to know more about them. The founder of the charity goes to MSNY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home