Fridge temperatures
Hello once again faithful blog readers,In the life of Jacki since I last wrote...
- It continued to get colder and started raining heavily again!!! The temperature is now at about 5C, which explains why I'm feeling cold
- The heating came on in our apartment building and in the building where the church office is.
- I bought furry boots to keep me warm.. (see picture) I may literally be wearing them the entire winter!!!
- I wished once again that I had rain boots to keep my feet dry!
- I ran the sound at the evening service and Jim Laffoon (prophet in the family of churches I'm in) happened to be there
- My US bank account got opened. Woohoo!!!!!
- I began to write a song (and played it to Kevin today)
This weekend will be fun-filled... Friday night we're having a costume party at my house. LOADS of people have been invited, last year almost 100 people came so it should be interesting. People in New York also really go in for costumes, not really my cup of tea but Lindsey's dressing me up as a Cow Girl! (no comments thanks Wes) Anyway overall i'm looking forward to it. Saturday afternoon we're having a children's festival/party at the church. I've been 'recruiting' volunteers to get involved with the different activities. It's been going well, I've got nearly 15 volunteers and they're so enthusiastic which is great. Also, Sharon, my friend from York will be here for a few days with some of her friends so I'm looking forward to seeing her.
You may be wondering what an average week looks like for me.. Evenings are mostly spoken for; Sunday is church, Monday I sometimes have ENLI (bible class), Tuesday worship practise for Sunday evening, Wednesday interns prayer and meeting, Thursday worship practise for Sunday morning, Friday church prayer, Saturday FREE!!!!! I go to both services on Sundays so that day's fairly spoken for. Monday is my day off, although I happened to be doing some work this Monday. Tuesday to Friday during the day are fairly flexible with helping and meeting Kevin, reading books, meeting people and of course going to the gym. Oh and a big thing that I'm watching a lot at the moment is how I'm spending money. Going from having a salary to having a lesser budget was something I hadn't really adjusted my spending decisions for. But thank God for internet banking, 'cos I'm able to keep track of what's happening with my finances, especially when everything gets converted by the exchange rate. And someone at church who didn't know me on Sunday came and gave me $100 because God told him to. Nice!!!!

1 Comments:
You should know that 5 degrees is warm for a fridge and what are you doing dressing up as a COW girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home