Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pain in the.... TOOTH!

Oh yes.. and not just tooth pain.. it spread to my ear and the infection spread from under my tooth to the surrounding bone and my cheek! I feel sorry for myself just telling you about it!!

I went to the dentist today and he's given me antibiotics to reduce the infection. When the infection goes down he'll be able to see what the problem is and decide what to do with it. I was considering coming back to England to be treated there but I'll avoid the jet lag if I can. New York based options are: refill the tooth (it has a big filling in it already), do a root canal or extract the tooth. My insurance only covers me for £250 worth of emergency dental treatment, so an extraction is a better financial option than a root canal 'cos it's cheaper but losing a tooth seems quite severe so we'll have to see what happens on Monday.

[This dentist is quoting £380 for a root canal, much better than the first quote I got which was over £800!! And this dentist at least looks normal, the first one I saw had the WEIRDEST glasses you've ever seen.. the glasses had what looked like microscope eye pieces stuck in them.]

Changing the subject...

I didn't see much of Washington D.C. last week, we just drove through it to and from the train station. So here are some pictures taken from the comfort of the car. I'm hoping you'll recognise these two buildings.. As you can see it was a beautiful clear day, very warm too much unlike today in New York where it is (literally) freezing.























So while I was in Virginia they were working on a live recording they did a couple of months ago, doing overdubbing before the final mix and release in December. It was a great experience and privilege to watch them sing and play, especially since I got to hang out in the Generous Family Cinema. Yes, that's someone's home cinema with 8 tan leather electric reclining chairs in the cosiest room EVER!!

This is Tara Wilson, one of the girls singing on the album and in the worship team at Metro Morning Star. Her sister Tifani leads worship alongside Kevin and co-wrote several of the songs on the album with him. I met Tara at the World Conference last year when I sang in the choir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home