2 weeks in
Well I've been here for almost two weeks now. I think I've now found the place that I'm going to live while I'm here. It's in East Midtown, near Grand Central and the UN Headquarters and it's a nice part of town. It's about 15-20 minutes walk to Times Square, which is where church is on Sunday evenings. I'll be living there with two girls from church, one of them is in the worship team.The church here is great, there's so many great people in it and it has so much life. I'm hanging out with a different group of people than what's usual for me.. lots of actors, models, other people involved in fashion, production, music and entertainment.
I'm slowly getting used to going to the gym. I had a complimentary session with a personal trainer at the gym yesterday so now I've got some goals to work towards. The weather is a little cooler and less humid than it was when I first arrived, so I'm coping a bit better now.
I had a 'musical assessment' with Kevin on Tuesday meaning he wanted to see/hear how I sang and played. It went well and then I went to the worship practise with him that evening. We've also begun to work through a worship music ministry training course together. It's been written by someone else and we're kind of road testing it on... me.
There are 3 other interns at the church. As interns we're reading books, writing summaries of them, praying together and other assignments as given to us by the pastoral staff. It's really great input and I know I'm going to gain great knowledge and learn new skills that will be useful for the future. The first book I'm reading as part of the internship is "The pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer.
Went to see the movie "Proof" the other night. I enjoyed the movie, it tended towards my Maths/Physics side. All my Imperial friends - you'll appreciate it, especially the song played by the band (can't give it away, but you will laugh when you hear it).
I also went to ENLI (a bible study class) on Monday night. Not to overuse a favourite american phrase, but it was awesome, I got a lot out of it.

3 Comments:
Were you demonstrating to Kevin how to sing the word 'Pies' as a top F#? ;-)
No... we got up to a top C and I think after that he just believed me. Anwyay, the notes above the top C aren't the prettiest so I didn't offer.
I don't know, I find that top F quite moving - or at least, it brings tears to my eyes!
Glad you're enjoying New Yorkshire! How's the tea issue over there? Much blessing!
Post a Comment
<< Home